If you’ve been thinking about a change to enhance your natural smile, you’re likely considering cosmetic dentistry. We work with you to assess which procedures best generate the result you’re looking for to improve your teeth, smile and general appearance, and we keep it simple and painless. The profile and shape of your face, tooth size and colour are just some of the factors we consider when creating your individualised smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
Over time, our teeth can look dull, brown or stained. With the use of crowns, veneers, tooth coloured fillings, Inman aligners and teeth whitening, we can restore your teeth to look better than ever.
If you have cracked, chipped, crooked, unevenly spaced or severely damaged teeth, a rejuvenated smile and enhanced dental function may result in noticeable improvements in your appearance.
A thorough assessment and consultation with you will ensure an optimal treatment plan. We use the following steps to complete a comprehensive cosmetic assessment for you:
- We discuss your needs and expectations. We develop a number of treatment solutions, and in some cases, perform an in – mouth ‘mock up’ of your cosmetics veneers or tooth crowns, to help visualise what your new smile may look like. This is used as a guide only, as the final result will generally look much better.
- Occassionally a visit to meet our dental technicians will be required in our final planning & evaluations to help create your new smile.
- Photographs of your teeth and face are often taken, providing a starting point from which to begin your cosmetic dental treatment planning.
- Impressions of your teeth will be taken and plaster models constructed to help assess your teeth and bite.
- An OPG x-ray, individual tooth x-rays and occasionally ‘CT’ type scans are performed. These radiographs provide images of the jawbone and the adjacent relevant anatomy to help assess bone volume, tooth structure and any pathology (diseased tissue) that may be present.