Collection of Personal Information
CDIC’s primary purpose in collecting your personal information is to facilitate the smooth operation of its service and activities so that it can provide you with an efficient, safe and secure experience on the CDIC website and when visiting our practice for any appointment you may make. Your safety and security as well as that of our staff and other visitors to the clinic is of the highest priority for us.
Other Purposes Include:
• to enable you to quickly find information about CDIC’s products and services;
• to enable you to lodge general enquiries about the products and services offered by CDIC;
• to provide for a referral system from other practitioners; and
• to enable you to request a dental appointment with CDIC.
You have the right to either refuse to provide details about yourself or remain anonymous but some of CDIC’s services can only be provided if CDIC has your personal information. CDIC will not share your personally identifiable information with third parties unless obligated by law, where necessary to complete a request by you or duly carried out a service offered. CDIC may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices than CDIC. CDIC is not responsible for the privacy policies of these third party websites and encourages you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit.
Use of Your Personal Information
Your personal information collected via the CDIC Website will be used both internally and externally for various purposes including:
• to improve the content and layout of the CDIC Website;
• to facilitate the provision of services that CDIC provides, including but not limited to providing dental services, answering general enquiries about our dental services and appointment enquiries;
• to facilitate the provision of services and smooth transition in relation to referrals from third party practitioners; and
• to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the CDIC Website.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
CDIC will not disclose your information to any third parties unless required by law, or with your prior consent.
Storage of Personal Information
CDIC stores all personal information in its database including information which it is required to store by law, to facilitate its services. This information may include:
• your first and last name;
• your email address;
• your home or business address;
• any website related to your enquiry;
• any details you provide in relation to your enquiry;
• your preferred method of contact;
• whether you belong to a private health fund or not;
• information pertaining to your medical history and treatment; and
• your phone number; or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
If your personal information is no longer required it will be destroyed unless CDIC is required by law to continue to store your information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Irrespective of whether personal information is stored electronically or in hard copy form, CDIC takes sound measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Newsletters and Special Offers
Where you have chosen to register for newsletters (either via email or post), CDIC may use your email address to deliver information on CDIC’s latest products and services, updates to the website, new offers, product launches, competitions, industry events and other such information. CDIC will always allow you the chance to unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving any such emails if you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose.
Users Outside Australia
The CDIC Website is hosted in the United States. If you use the CDIC Website from outside of the United States, you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and content to the United States and agreeing that CDIC’s collection, use, storage and sharing of your information and content is potentially subject to the laws of the United States rather than the country in which you are located. If you choose to provide CDIC with personal information, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of that information and to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers in the United States and anywhere else in the world where CDIC may have facilities in the future.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement, or other policy related material, can be directed to our support staff by clicking on the “Contact Us” link in the side menu. Or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org